Culled and revised sermon jottings from Dr. D.K Olukoya. General Overseer of the Mountain of fire and Miracles Ministries.
Sermon Date: Wednesday, 17th November, 2015
@ MFM Headquarters, Lagos.
The Curse of Cowardice

The generation of believers today, unfortunately is the most powerless, since the days of the apostles; they are so fearful. A lot of Christians have not been able to fulfil  God’s desire for their life due to this factor; many have therefore held back the hands of God to give them victory in all facet of their life. It is very paramount that Christians of this Generation stand up with courage and defend the heritage of victory given to us. This is when we will be able to restore the glory, honor and power of Christianity in our lives.

The Curse of Cowardice
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." {Luke 9:24}
o  The men and women of old are fearless believers. The Men of old have gotten situations where they refuse to die.
o  The believers of old are the ones that confronted demons in the middle of the night.

There are men in the current generation; whom the lord placed in this world to be mountain movers but they have refused to move any mountains.
"Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king." {Dan 3:16-17}
v Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego refuse to fear the threats and boast of the furnace fire and the king.
v Instead of them being consumed by the fire, their enemies were consumed, their bondages broke and they also had the opportunity to meet with Jesus, the fourth man in the fire.
They were able to get this testimony, because; in their life, fear was dead.

ü The great apostle, Joseph Ayo Babalola was a man that fear was dead in his life; he confronted satanic priests and conquered them.
In this generation, many have been terrorized by the spirit of fear; they run from one prophet to the other, from  one mountain to the other; but they refuse to deal with the real issue.
Cursed be he that doeth the work of the Lord deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.{ Jer 48:10}
There is a curse for he that refuses to fight. The person that has a weapon and refuses to use it.
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it." {Luke 9:24}
ü Those who are afraid are inviting death
ü Nothing can be done to a person who is ready to die, who is not afraid to die.
 "The slothful man saith, There is a lion without, I shall be slain in the streets." {Prov 22:13}

ü This is what makes spokespeople do nothing and give excuses
"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: . . ." {Rev 21:8}
This is the Judgment for the Fearful from God Himself.
o  Gods is definitely a God of a peace, but there are times when we need to fight.
o  It is abnormal to maintain peace, at the expense of our valuables.
Who is the coward?
v One who Lacks courage in facing danger.
v One who is Chicken hearted.

v One who commit sin by keeping quiet.
v One who is too shy to evangelize Jesus.
v One who is afraid to correct people going astray.
"And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND Lord OF LordS." {Rev 19:14-16}

v This means that there are armies in heaven
v God Himself is a fighter
v God does notes refrain from fighting when it matters
This is no gentle way of arresting something evil.

. . . Many aspects of this message have been shortened; Get full Sermon from the CD or book

Prayer Points
1.   In the name of Jesus, I refuse to fear, because God has not given me the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
2.   I bind the spirit of fear in my life in the name of Jesus.
3.   Every power behind every activities of fear in my life, receive the wrath of god and be consumed in it, in the name of Jesus
4.   Every things I have fear will not come upon me in Jesus
5.   Everything I was afraid of will not come to me in the name of Jesus
6.   The local wickedness I have ever been afraid of will not have a hold on me, in the name of Jesus
7.   All negative doors that the spirits of fear have opened in the past; be closed now, in the name of Jesus.
8.   Every disease oppressing and depress that came into my life as a result of fear, disappear now, in the name of Jesus
9.   I refuse to be intimidated by any demonic nightmare, in the name of Jesus.
10.  Ever enchantment and invocation of fear being made against me, I neutralized you and I command you to fall, in the name of Jesus.
11. Every conspiracy in the heavenlies against my destiny, scatter unto destruction in Jesus name.
12.  My body, my soul, my spirit, receive the fire of God and receive your deliverance in Jesus name.
13. Every power assigned to make me miss my divine appointment, you are a liar, die in Jesus name.
14.  My Father, if I am a victim of evil dedication, I walk out of it by your power in the name of Jesus.
15.  My Father, arise for my sake and embarrass my enemies in the name of Jesus.
16.  Power of Almighty God, arise and bulldoze me into my breakthroughs whether the devil likes it or not, in the name of Jesus.
17.   Every astral projection against my life, be arrested by the fire of God in the name of Jesus.
18.    Bands of wickedness assigned against me, hear the Word of the Lord, break in Jesus name.
19. Every power of dream defilement afflicting my life, scatter and die in the name of Jesus.
20.  Strange forces holding me down, catch fire and let me go in the name of Jesus.
21. Beginning from now, by the grace of God, I shall be fulfilled, and accomplished by the power in the blood of Jesus in the name of Jesus.


Post a Comment

Add You Comments, Prayer Request, Recommendations, Questions and so on

Previous Post Next Post